Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Celebration V Flashback


Is it bad to admit I'm already running out of blog post ideas? Well, good, I won't admit that then.

But I thought it might be fun to sort through my pictures from Celebration V and post up some of my favorites to share. It was four days of awesome memories and it was hard to select my favorites, but hope you enjoy the ones I did pick!


Easily one of my favorite parts about the convention was photo ops like this one. That bike was made by one of the 501st Garrisons. Very well made! It would have to have been considering how many hundreds of people wanted similar photo ops.


This picture pretty much speaks for itself. A giant Death Star floating in the middle of the center? Win.


The size of this Wampa was actually pretty terrifying. Glad I'm not a Tauntaun.


Yet another incredibly well crafted prop made by one of the 501st garrisons.

And yet another incredible example of the work Star Wars fans can come up with.


On a smaller scale, the absolutely awesome costumes at the convention made me jealous. If half of them weren't wearing helmets I probably would have stalked them into a bathroom and grabbed the costumes for myself.


What would have made this picture even cooler is if an Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi had shown up and chased Cody around yelling "you tried to kill me you jerk!"


It took a mostly sleepless night spent outside in the humidity with a few hundred other crazed fans but for where I ended up sitting it was worth it! And yes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat and I plan on doing it again at Celebration VI if George Lucas plans to show up.


This is one moment that I will remember for the rest of my life. Barring, of course, traumatic brain injury or Alzheimer's in my old age. Having Jon Stewart and George Lucas in the same room barely 100 feet away from me was spectacular, adding to that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fischer and it's hard to put into words just how fantastic and life-changing that was. Ok, maybe that was a little exaggerated, but if you'd been there you'd understand the feeling.


I am often in awe of the creativity of my fellow nerds. These guys should definitely get an award though! Wish I knew who they were, though, because mixing Mario with Star Wars was a genius idea. Good job, guys, whoever you are!


At the costume contest there were obviously plenty of really amazing costumes, but this was a personal favorite: Darth Caedus. It was a simple yet incredibly well done costume.


This one still boggles my mind, but the moment I saw it I knew who this was; Darth Bane wearing his orbalisk armor. I saw a lot of costumes that weekend and at all the other conventions I've been to, but this remains the most spectacular costume I've seen and probably will remain that way for quite some time.


I like Trandoshans. And I like anyone who has the costuming skills to put this together. The Wookiee head was definitely a nice touch. I just hope there weren't any really little kids there. "Daddy, why's he carrying Chewie's head?"

And finally, I leave you with the best video I took all weekend. A dancing stormtrooper. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment