Monday, July 18, 2011

5 Things I Love About Living in NYC

  1. Being close to the water- Maybe this is a hold over from living on Long Island, but I love that the apartment I live in is walking distance to the East River. One of my favorite things to do with Kara is to take her out on a nice walk along the path by the water.
  2. The transportation system- The bus and subway system is expansive. You can get pretty much anywhere in Manhattan by either taking a bus or the subway or a combination of both. Just make sure your MetroCard is filled and off you go!
  3. Different places to eat- In walking distance of my area alone there are Indian restaurants, Chinese restaurants, Mexican restaurants, Italian restaurants, pizza places, an Uno's and plenty of other cuisine choices. And they're all really good.
  4. Walking distance- As nice as it is to just hop on a bus to get somewhere, sometimes you don't want to wait for it to arrive to get you somewhere and that's often the case with me when I want to go to the supermarket or the movie theater or something like that. Which is fine because I can walk less than 10 minutes and get to most things I need, there's even a 7-11 right on my corner!
  5. Dog Parks- If I had to pick one thing that I really loved about the city it would be the dog parks. Kara may not be a fan of running around with other crazy animals, but I love that there's a place I can take her and sit with her and know that the day she does want to play with the other dogs she'll be able to. There's a dog park right at the end of my block and Central Park is a short bus ride away with even more parks and places to just walk around and enjoy the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment