Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Music

For Halloween I always make a playlist of my favorite songs to listen to and put me in the Halloween mood. It's my favorite 'holiday' of the year. I don't have many of the popular songs like "Thriller" or "Monster Mash" (although my mom is insisting I purchase those) but I do have some favorite cds to listen to.

My first cd that I always put on is "Oculus Infernum" by Van Helsing's Curse. I actually came across this cd completely by accident years ago when I was doing a search for the soundtrack to the movie Van Helsing. I listened to a couple of the clips on iTunes and decided it sounded cool so I got it. Since then it's become one of my favorite cds even when it's not Halloween. It sort of tells a story set to music. Basically it's about this horrible, nameless evil that comes and starts attacking people and how the only person who can stop it is this little boy with the help of someone from the Van Helsing family line. It's completely worth a listen to and there's a website for the cd here: http://www.vanhelsingscurse.com

The other two cds I listen to come Halloween time are cds by the group Wednesday 13. Their cd "Fang Bang" is my favorite one. My friend introduced me to this group when I was in high school and pretty much my favorite song from them is "American Werewolves in London". Mostly because I really like the movie "American Werewolf in London" but the song is pretty awesome too. I love that part of the lyrics are "we're going down to Piccadilly Square to raise a little hell" which is a reference to the big scene at the end which takes place at Piccadilly Square. Little things like that amusement me. The other cd I have of theirs is "Transylvania 90210". I'm not as big a fan of this cd as "Fang Bang" but there's definitely some good stuff in there for Halloween time. Of course, listening to both of those cds assumes you don't mind plenty of cursing in your songs. If you don't mind that then I definitely recommend checking them out.

As I mentioned I'm also going to be purchasing "Thrillier" and "Monster Mash" because my mom insists those are important songs to have for Halloween. I'm not a big fan of either song but it's Halloween time and like with Christmas time sometimes you have to listen to some songs you just can't stand.

That's it for my Halloween music selection. If you have any favorite songs you listen to around this time I'd love to hear about it, so leave a comment!

Aside from that my Amy Pond pirate costume is in its last stages of development. The lining is getting stitched into my coat, the shirt is being adjusted because it was too long and I'm exchanging the brown hat I have for a black one that I can put gold trim on like Amy's. Yes, there will be a post about it when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment