Wednesday, August 24, 2011

T-shirt Tote Bag

The other day my mom brought me a kid's Star Wars t-shirt that she picked up at the store. I didn't immediately understand why because it was such a small size there was no way it would fit me. She said she planned on making it into a bag for me. Again, I couldn't really visualize it. Then she sat me down, showed me how to make it and how to use the sewing machine and suddenly my shirt went from this:


To this:


It's really simple and easy to make, and a lot of fun! I bought these other designs and made them into bags as well.



When used as totes they look like this:


I have other designs as well since there are plenty of t-shirts that I can use to make into these bags. Some of them can be seen here:



I plan on selling these totes for $12 with $3 for standard domestic shipping. I could probably do international shipping if anyone is interested, but I'd have to check the prices and compensate for them. If anyone is interested, leave a comment with an email address and which design you'd like and I'll get back to you. Currently I have available all the Star Wars designs shown above, and if you want any of the other designs let me know and I will head back to the store and pick it up.

The bags aren't that large and aren't meant to carry anything overly heavy, but as one of my friends who got one says, "it's perfect for my con swag!" I think these bags are just as fun to make as they are to wear and show off your nerd/geek pride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment