Monday, January 30, 2012

Bead Loom Bracelets

My latest form of entertainment has come in the form of making bead bracelets using a loom kit that my mom got for me. I had a kit like it when I was 6 years old and I made a few bracelets while I was sick with the chicken pox. It's really easy to set up and use, and it looks like this when I'm working on it:


It's a lot of fun and I've mass manufactured quite a few bracelets already. Here's some of the ones I've made so far.


I rather like the piano one myself. But then I used to play piano quite often. I don't play regularly anymore, but I still liked the bracelet. The other patterns I just made for fun. 

I also did these:


When I started I had quite a good deal of trouble figuring out how to get it to work. The threads on the end were too short to tie it around my wrist, but now that I've made a few of them I finally have the knack of it. I make each about 8"- 9" long so the thread is plenty long for tying a double knot to secure it. 

Part of the fun is making new patterns. I've spent the past few days looking online for new designs to make and my mom and I have gone to the craft store a lot and each time we come back with new beads to work with.

I doubt I'll keep all these bracelets for myself. In fact, I think I'm going to sell them. $5 each seems reasonable, yeah? I'd like to sell them along with the tote bags that I wrote about in this post. I still have a few of those waiting for some nice nerds to claim them, in fact.

In case anyone is interested I've gone ahead and created a product page. It's listed with my other pages on the right side of my blog. If you're interested in any of the things I've made go ahead and take a look at the product page and shoot me an email

4 comments:

  1. The loom that comes in the kit is a good quality loom, the kit comes with everything needed to get started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a really good kit. I went through all the supplies pretty quickly, though, and had to pick up extra threads and beads to keep going.

      Delete
  2. i use to do this a lot but my loom broke. trying to rebulid it. can't figure out what type of thread to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to the craft store and picked up thread called nymo.

      Delete