Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something To Look Forward To

I thought I'd take the time to go ahead and write up a more 'personal' post of the kind that I alluded to when I talked about my plan for the next few posts.

This one is (as the title suggests) something I'm looking forward to this year. I realize it's supposed to be just one thing, but there are actually a few things going on this year I'm looking forward to.


The first is the end of the Fate of the Jedi series. That's not because I'm not enjoying it, but because I am getting tired of being tortured with one book release at a time only ever few months. It's killed me ever since The New Jedi Order series because those were even more sporadic in their release, and it was painful to sit and wait for the Legacy of the Force books and by now I am so beyond being done with waiting I could punch an Ewok baby in the face. Unlike The New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force I've been reading the Fate of the Jedi series since the first one came out, so that's made the wait doubly painful. But now the wait is almost over and it definitely tops my list of things I'm looking forward to this year! Just think, by November 22 there won't be any crazy agreements between Jedi and Sith to get along, and maybe Ben will get his crazy hormones in check and stop being dense like his father and realize that getting into Vestara's pants is a bad idea all around. We're at the home stretch with this series and it's been a great read and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

The other thing I'm looking forward to I know every other Star Wars fan is also looking forward to as well. That's right, you guessed it, the Star Wars Blu-Rays! Shocking, I know. But I've been looking forward to it since this moment:



Yeah, that's right, I slept outside overnight to wait for The Main Event. Anyway, since I was there I knew about it first (along with the other 400 people who were there too) and I've been excited ever since! I've even heard about the programs that Amazon has to trade in old DVDs to get credit for the new Blu-Rays. I think it's a great idea but still not sure I could part with my DVDs. After all, then when I get the Blu-Rays I'll have FIVE copies of the original trilogy instead of just sticking with my current four copies (VHS, packaged DVDs, then individual DVDs that also have the original theatrical versions on the bonus disc). Though, if I don't start saving up sooner and faster, I might just have to do just that. Especially since I don't even own a Blu-Ray player yet.

I think I'd have to kick myself if I neglected to mention this. Who ISN'T excited for the new ride?? The original one was corny as hell but it was a classic ride and always my favorite thing to do in MGM (yes, I refuse to call it Hollywood Studios or whatever it's called now). The mega tall AT-AT out front and the speeder bike that is the perfect picture opportunity just make everything perfect. If it's at all possible I'd love to make it to Star Wars weekends in Disney, especially since it's right around my birthday. But that takes even more saving up than the Blu-Rays! I think I'm going to have to settle for a marathon with my new Blu-Ray player and discs.

And since these are floating around on YouTube anyway I figure it's cool to put my own video up in case anyone doubts I was actually at Celebration V. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment